Below is a list of the resources I’ve found the most helpful in my writing journey.
- Design By Insight - for cover & blog design, PDF, Kindle and Nook formatting (don’t go anywhere else…yes…they’re that good).
- Sandra Peoples (Next Step Publishing) - for editing services
- Amazon KDP - for publishing on Kindle
- PubIt! - for publishing on Nook
- Create Space - print on demand publishing
- eJunkie - for setting up payment options for PDF
- The Creative Penn - resource blog for self-publishing
- Amy Porterfield - for excellent resources on Facebook marketing (really…read everything of hers you can get your hands on)
- The Savvy Book Marketer - excellent marketing tips
- When you want to write a book (an article with 5 tips)
- The Social Media Examiner - great site for marketing tips
I also highly recommend the following resources. Most of them are affiliate links, so if you click to buy them, I’ll get a small portion of the commission.
A great beginner’s guide to blogging
I planned my entire work-week by this book. Excellent resource. It works.
This challenge has been updated recently. I’m going through it again myself!
Just started a blog? Check out how to start out well.
Packed full of ideas for making your eBook creation and launch a success!
The gold standard for platform-building. Full of practical tips
Pinterest is the #1 source of traffic on all of my blogs. Learning how to create a good pin is crucial.
One of the best marketing books on the planet.