21 Days of Prayer for Sons
A challenge for mothers of boys based on the well-loved book Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most.
Are you a mother of boys who often finds herself wanting to wave the white flag in defeat?
Do they drain you, overwhelm you, steal your heart, break your heart and cause you more anxiety than you ever dreamed possible?
Maybe you only have one boy amongst a sea of estrogen and you just can’t figure out how to respond to him in a way that affirms all that is good about his masculinity.
You’re not alone!
There are so many books out there today on the topic of parenting boys that I can’t count them. Nor do I have time to read them all. But even if I did, reading these books and putting the solid tools in them to work still doesn’t come with guarantees.
Knowing this, it becomes quite clear that there is only one thing we can do…
Plead with God.
“The fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:17.
It’s our hope.
“I’m IN! How do I get started?”
- Purchase your own copy of Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most (just $3.99 on Amazon Kindle!)
- Commit to praying for your son(s) or grandsons 10 times a day for 21 days straight. This is a huge commitment, so if you feel God leading you to participate, pray and ask Him to give you the strength and endurance you need.
- Sign-up HERE!
Quotes from recent participants:
“This challenge…has given me my joy back in mothering” ~LaToya
“Thank you for giving me a tangible method for transformation in my family!!” ~Anne
“Thanks, Brooke for your help. I’ve always known that God was listening; I just didn’t know what to say!” ~Laurel
“So many heart changes are going on in our home and I’m just so thankful…” ~Ashley
“How do I lead my own group?”
- To lead your own group (on your blog, for your church, homegroup, Bible study, Sunday School class, etc), download the new Leader’s Guide. The LG is designed to give you step-by-step directions, extra material and encouragement as you plan your own event! In it you’ll find guest articles from amazing boy moms such as:
- Sally Clarkson (author of The Mission of Motherhood)
- Melanie Young (author of Raising Real Men)
- Laura Lee Groves (author of I’m Outnumbered! One Mom’s Lessons in the Lively Art of Raising Boys)
- Melissa Smallwood (of Multi-tasking Mama)
- Melissa Mashburn (of Mel’s World)
Seriously! It’s like a whole other book on praying for and raising godly men!
Quotes from recent leaders:
I know that I can get through parenting my boys as long as I remember to keep praying. ~LaToya
I felt God leading me to head a group and I did do so and I cannot tell you how blessed I felt, calling out not only my boy’s name, but a whole list of boys’ names every night before bed. ~Ginger
The next challenge is starting soon! Let’s pray mamas, expectating that our God, Who loves our sons so much more than we do, wants to do good things for us, and for them, during this time.
(Now just $4.99!)